|Yes...This WAS my broccoli!|
Since I am on a path to getting my family to live organically, I was not about to spray toxins all over my plants! If I expected the foods I bought at the grocery to be organic, I should expect the same out of my own backyard, right?!? So, I did some research and found that pests could be driven away from your garden with a SIMPLE recipe!
ORGANIC GARDEN PEST SPRAY RECIPE
- 12 garlic cloves (not entire bulbs!)
- 1 medium sized onion
- 3 jalapenos - I hear that you can use cayenne pepper or even super hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid dish soap
- 4 cups water
1. Chop the veggies (or blend in a blender) then toss the veggies in a large pot with the 4 cups of water and bring to a boil
2. Let the concoction boil for a few minutes
3. Pour it into a container while straining out the veggies with a cheesecloth or some type of fabric.
4. Resist the urge to make pasta-or go ahead!
5. Add the dish soap then pour into a spray bottle. Spray directly on plants. (Be sure to test a leaf or two before spraying all over plant to test for burning)
If you wish to avoid boiling, you can simply use hot water and let the concoction sit overnight. I liked the boiling as it made the house smell amazing and it brings out all of the juices of the veggies.
This worked wonders for my garden and immediately cleared up my little buggy issues! It did not, however, deter my boxer! She LOVES peppers and actually ate 2 entire jalapeno plants INCLUDING the peppers. I guess she is a vegetarian too!
If you love gardening..as much as I did...Check out the Home Depot Garden Club! You will get great deals, DIY tips, garden planners and more sent directl to your email! OVER $300 in ANNUAL SAVINGS FROM HOME DEPOT!
Click the Home Depot logo to sign up and start saving! Get an instant $5 COUPON NOW!!!
If you have any organic remedies for gardens...or boxers, let me know!