Now, I know what you are all thinking-or at least those of you who have tried self tanners before are probably thinking the same thing. Most self tanners typically leave streaks and are an ugly orange color. If you are watching the chemicals you put on your body...don't even turn over the bottle from the store. It is LOADED with chemicals!
This organic and all natural self tanning method is practically foolproof. I have tried a few others that were not foolproof! Now I will caution that this will not get you DARK but it will give you a healthy and radiant glow with a bit of added color.
What you will need:
- 2 cups Water
- 4-5 hot tea bags (black work best for more color)
- Spray bottle or jar and towel
I suggest doing this in your bathtub if you are using the spray method. I personally like to do the towel method. Since there is no spray, I can toss on a pair of shorts and a tank top and just apply as I walk around the house doing my normal routine! I wait for it to dry and instantly add another coat!
- Make sure you start with clean skin
- Boil the water and allow the tea to steep for about 15 minutes
- Now, apply the "tanner". If you are doing the spray simply spray liberally and allow to dry. If you are using the towel method, rub the tanner in and allow to dry.
- Build your layers based on the glow you are looking to achieve. The more layers...the darker your tan will get!
Looking for affordable sunless tanners or bronzers that will get you golden brown without the JUNK?! Check out my list of 8 All-Natural and Organic Options HERE
If you liked this tip..Grab a few more of my all natural beauty tips: