Thursday, May 23, 2013

How to REMOVE crayon from clothing!

Yep....admit it, it happens to you too!

You are on your last load of laundry and you pull the victorious load out of the dryer only to find that one of your lovely children had placed a crayon in their pocket and THE WHOLE LOAD IS COVERED IN RED WAX!

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=f2e5271933&view=att&th=13ed26712b00c880&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1435846020295557120-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-kOJCGnsgPvE8aGDtL1_3r&sadet=1369330924651&sads=kzPGqVFKN6UYiHsGown9wxvTCjUThis happens to me frequently but today ...it was down right irritating! We are leaving for vacation tomorrow and this load was all of my oldest son's shorts and shirts that should be sitting safely in the suitcase. I also should mention that I JUST took the tags off and now the clothes look ruined.


Luckily for me...I was able to SAVE the entire load!


 

Here is how to save your crayon coated items!


1. Put the nice warm "waxed" clothes in your washing machine and set it to the warmest water that you can. I actually put some water on my stove top and boiled some water. It needs to melt the wax so the hotter...the better!

2. Add the following to your load
  • Your laundry soap (I use my homemade detergent but use whatever you usually do!)
  • 1/2 cup of white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup of your dishwashing soap (yep...the stuff you use on your dishes)
3. Let it soak for about 10-15 minutes before starting the washer.

4. Dry as normal!

This TOTALLY removed the crayon from my clothes! If it doesn't get it ALL the first time, repeat!

Good luck, I hope it helps you save some of your clothes!


6 comments:

  1. this is awesome! Sharing it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably saved more than just clothes. I bet a few bums will be saved with this information. LOL! Thanks for sharing. Have a great vacation. Can't wait to hear about all the stains that they create on your trip. But seriously......I hope you have a great trip full of love and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been an AMAZING vacation! You know...I sometimes get frustrated by these little snafoos but then realize that someday I will miss stains and the 4 loads a day of laundry. Every stain is a memory...right?!?!

      Delete
  3. Wow - and the night before vacation too! Will have to save this one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips. Thanks for sharing with the Mommy Brain Mixer this week.

    ReplyDelete